Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Special Grenades


Has anyone noticed that when playing Black Ops online, no matter where you go you seem to get instantly blinded or slowed by a flashbang or concussion grenade? It just seems that every time you run from your spawn location, to the action you end up getting instantly effected by a special grenade then you instantly die, which results in yet another respawn across the map, and another adventure across the actionless environment all the way to the firefight only to be killed again while you were blinded or slowed. I realize that there is a counter, being the Tactical Mask Pro perk, however, this perk can be a pain to obtain and not everyone wants to have to rely on a perk in order to make the game playable.

Now this may just be my opinion, I mean there aren't a lot of complaints going around about the use of special grenades. Actually, there isn't even much complaining about noob tubers these days. However, the last few nights on Live, about 90% of my deaths were somehow related to a special grenade. Now if these were instances in which one special grenade went off near me and I died as a result, then I find that acceptable. However, this is not what's happening. I end up in an endless array of being blind and slowed simultaneously and consecutively with 3-4 grenades flying in my direction and going off for about 20 seconds straight followed by the enemy team finally realizing that I can't fight back and gunning me down while I'm completely unaware of what happened.

I don't know what can be done with this issue. I mean, maybe it's just a phase that Call of Duty players are going through. However, if this continues, I personally find the game almost unplayable especically when an organized team is playing (ie clan) in which they collectively converge on positions. I just really hope that this ends soon, or I may be looking into finding a new FPS to play until it ends.